Monday, April 2

Bastille vs Hott 22




Bastille – One Night Love Affair
Download for free via Facebook

American R&B/soul act Inner Life's "I'm Caught Up (In A One Night Love Affair)" has been sampled on numerous occasions since its release in 1979, and most recently LA-based producers Bastille have taken their spin on the track. "One Night Love Affair" is true to the disco sound of the original adding a bigger bassline and chopping up the sample in a very catchy manner. What's also good: it's free if you're willing to like Bastille's Facebook page (I'd encourage you to do that anyway though).



Hott 22 – Before I Let You In
Buy on Beatport / Juno Download - Download preview

Although Bastille did a great job, Hott 22's classic originating from 2005 still takes the prize in my book. "Before I Let You In" could also be classified as disco house, although you can instantly hear the more classic house sound on this one. Such a great bassline, such smooth drums and rhodes – this track is one of my all-time favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment