Friday, October 14

Forever

Sonny Fodera – Forever
Buy on Beatport / Juno Download / Traxsource
Released by Beatdown in February 2010

I don't know how I missed this back in early 2010 when it was released, because this release is funkin' awesome! But better late than never, I present to you: Sonny Fodera's 4-track EP "Forever". Every track is as funky as it gets, I mean listen to those damn basslines!

"Bringing It Back" is the deepest track on this release. It features a very soulful and uplifting vibes solo, which really takes the track on to the next level. "Forever" is a vocal-loop-driven funkster with perhaps the funkiest bassline on the EP. My favourite, "Take Her Home", dominates with its catchy (some might say "groovy") bassline, a really nice set of drums and a great guitar riff, that Sonny saved for the last minutes of the song. Finally, the EP ends with "Near To Me": a very soulful track with beautiful rhodes and female vocals by Alyson Joyce – just the way I like my soulful house.

1. Bringing It Back // YouTube
2. Forever // YouTube
3. Take Her Home // YouTube
4. Near To Me (feat. Alyson Joyce) // YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment